Sunday, August 31, 2008

August finish

Gotta love M Designs name trees - they are great for stitching away from home.
The chart is not too big, use of overdyed thread saves colour changes and progress is obvious.
And they look awesome when finished.

I can recommend this designer as her service when ordering personalised name trees was fast and friendly.

This one will be on it's way to its namesake on Monday if I can get my act together. I won't "finish" it though for several reasons:
  1. it's easier to post flat;
  2. I can't decide on the best method of finishing (frame, bell pull, cushion etc); and
  3. I actually think the recipient should get the choice in this instance - plus her mum has far greater technical skills in this area than I'll ever have, LOL.

3 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh it's beautiful! I've stitched some of her Christmas designs from the ornament mag but never seen a name tree in real life. What a lucky little girl LOL

Andie said...

Gorgeous! I love these name trees!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

This is so pretty, Kathryn. I stitched the Peace tree, and really liked the way it turned out, too. Only ... I forgot to add the beads! Did you stitch this baby over 1? Beautiful choice of variegated floss. What a lucky recipient!