Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April finish!

Yay - I did it. Forever Friends chart from Quick&Easy June 2005 is done. Not sure what I'll do with this one. A work colleague is pregnant, due next month and I might finish it somehow and give it to her. Unless I see something in one of my magazines that I think will suit better...
And while I was uploading it, I thought I'd scan and post the Penguins on Ice #15&16 I completed in March. Only 6 of the little critters to go...

Now to get to an LNS to pick up the DMC I'm missing to finish kitting up the Bears on Balloons birth sampler from Cross Stitch March 2007. I'd promised myself that I couldn't start it until I'd finished the Forever Friends piece.
I think it will suit my niece, Grace, perfectly for her 4th birthday in November. I had bought one (a detailed Noah's Ark sampler in muted colours) not long after she was born, but never felt like starting it. I'd chosen it as I thought the colours would suit the decorating tastes of her parents. Anyway, when I saw the preview for Bears in my Feb Cross Stitcher it screamed "for Grace!" at me and I couldn't wait for the March issue to arrive to confirm that it was the one for her. The minute the magazine arrived I went through the stash and kitted up fabric and floss, and it has been waiting for me to finish a WIP since. I'm trying hard to not start anything new until I finish one of my WIPs first.
So far, so good. :)

No comments: