Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another day, another dollar... spent

The cheque account is going to be very battered and bruised by the end of the week. Everything seems to be falling due at once: ballet holiday class and exam fees; gym class and holiday course fees and the next installment of the cheerleading trip to the Australian competition. I knew it was all coming so had the budget in place but it still knocks the bank account around alarmingly!

So here I am at the end of Tuesday having done the Tamsin to ballet, then Jessica to gymnastics trek. Tomorrow is Jessica to ballet followed by cheerleading class. Thursday is just Jessica to gymnastics. Friday is a free afternoon (yay!), then Saturday with Jessica to ballet, then get Tamsin to beginners gymnastics followed by Jessica's gymnastics class. Thank heavens for fabulous DH who gets dinner ready every week night.

When I'm "good" I actually get some stitching done, but mostly I just play Sudoku (I have a travel set). I have to admit the Sudoku has been good for my math/ logic. And it means I don't watch Jess too much and do the evil gym mom act. I can tune her out even better if I have a good book along. Tamsin is getting very bored with all of the tagging along to Jess' activities hence the starting her on ballet this term, and adding beginners gymnastics next term. But to be fair, she does behave very well during the 14 hours Jess is at classes per week. Actually, Jess behaves very well for that time too! In fact, the only time Jess throws a hissy is when I threaten to drop one of the classes cos I'm sick of the travelling etc involved.

Next year something is going to have to be dropped - just for the budget's sake, never mind that Jess' gym coach is getting to the end of his patience with "other than gym activities", and wants her to really focus on gymnastics now.


No stitching tonight, but I did do some last night - yay!
Made a start on the backstitching on the Forever Friends piece from Quick&Easy. Note to self: aim to get it done on Friday to be my finish for March. Then I must get going on Penguin #17.

Cooper's birth sampler was my Feb finish, and these two were my January finishes.

My goal this year is to finish something every month. So far, so good!




No comments: